Catholic St. Patrick's Day Food

The feast of St. Patrick is coming up, and I love these St. Patrick's Day food ideas I've been seeing around blog land! Just remember when you're making St. Patrick's Day treats this year, the shamrock is the tool that St. Patrick used to explain the trinity- 3 in one! So don't get sucked into the ever-growing popularity of the 4 leaf clover this St. Patrick's day, stick with the shamrock! :-)

Love this Celtic Cross cake from Cottage Blessings!
It looks like she used a cut-up paper plate and stuck
into the cake for the circle. Cute!

Try making the Shamrock Pretzels from Family Fun.

Or try making these shamrock toasties from Family Fun!
Cute & healthy :-)

Try making these mint shamrock cupcakes I found
over on Growing with My Girls.

I also think these shamrock cupcakes from Family Fun
are adorable! Best part is, no special pan is needed! Just
some aluminum foil. Get the directions there!
 

These pretzel shamrocks look easy enough to 'stick together' ;-)
check out the how-to with On A Whim!



If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS. Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. How about broccoli soup with pureed spinach to make it even MORE green?
    Kiwi and pear shakes?
    (I try to go with the healthy treats)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I made the pretzels shamrocks today with my children at home and with my 4th grade CCD class. I used green icing instead of melting chocolate. They were a HUGE hit! Thanks for the inspiration! I'm looking forward to browsing your site for ideas to spice up my classes and our religious ed here at home!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! They're the icing on my cake ;-)