We made Easter Story Cookies on Holy Saturday evening. The kids had a great time! Lydia (who is 4) totally got the story, although we just talked about it. We didn't read it from the bible.
The cookies were set out on the coffee table for when my kids woke up. I couldn't leave them in the oven overnight like you're supposed to because the pilot light is too hot! Lol! The tea set was "new" from Goodwill ;-)
On Easter morning, I made Resurrection Rolls with my son and they were super easy and fast to do! They were really yummy, too. My husband ate almost all of them! :-)
Here they are completed. They turned out well!
Totally looks like an empty tomb to me! :-)
Here is our brunch spread along with the Easter candle we made.
Our Easter Brunch Included:
- Angel food cake (for the angels at the tomb)
- Easter Story Cookies
- Resurrection Rolls (empty tombs)
- Ham Sandwiches (Ham is actually traditional on Easter because it symbolizes the fact that Jesus brought us a new religion- one that can eat pig!)
Now it's time to share your Easter post! What did you and your family do to celebrate Easter Sunday this year? What will you be doing to continue the celebration for the 50 days of Easter season- any ideas? I want to see it all, so post those links ;-)
- Enter your name in the first box (and optionally include a brief description of your post)
- Enter the link to your specific Easter post into the second box, not your generic blog address.
- In your post, link back to this post so others know where to find the fun! (You can use the button provided above for this, but you don't have to).
- Visit the links and leave everyone lots of comment love :-)
If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.