Easy First Communion Cookies

I love to do cute stuff, but decorating elaborate cakes and such is not my strongest talent. Lol! So I came up with these super easy first communion cookies that anyone should be able to make, and I think they're pretty cute :-)


Start by baking cookies. Any cookies. You can even just make some slice and bake cookies, or buy cookies that are already baked! I used oatmeal cookies.

For decoration, cut the ends off of large marshmallows. These are the "hosts" on the cookies. You can get 2 from each marshmallow- one from each end.


They will be really sticky where you sliced them, so just use that to stick them straight onto the cookie. Press gently to get it to stick. Then put some white icing into a ziplock baggie, and cut off a very tiny tip from the corner. You can use this to pipe little crosses onto your marshmallow "hosts", or if you're feeling really adventurous you can also write "IHS" on some of them :-)



I suppose you could really stick these to any dessert such as putting them on top of cupcakes or cakes as well. You may even be able to use them as favors. I think they would look very nice on colored sugar cookies also!

I'm linking this up at Joyfilled Family's
Joy of First Communion Party! :-)

If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS. Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Now, THIS is something i can actually DO! GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For other occasions, it could be fun to use different colors of marshmallows! (I have some pink ones sitting in my cupboard...) I bet popping the marshmallows in the freezer for a few minutes would make them easier to cut nicely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO WAY!! This is so awesome, even I can do this! What a great idea!! I can't get over how you make the most elaborate and wonderful looking projects out of the most ordinary objects and easy enough for us mortals to do! Thanks for sharing your remarkable talent!! You are a true blessing!! ~ Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! One of my goddaughters is receiving her FHC and I'm going to make these! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea!! Those would be cute on top of muffins for breakfast!

    *I too, cannot decorate a great cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea for cupcakes too! Yet another great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marshmallows! Ah ha! I completely forgot about using already round shaped foods for hosts. And the fact that it sticks is so perfect. Thanks!

    Brainstorming, i'm thinking nilla wafers, ritz crackers - a whole HOST of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cookies looks so yummy! You have a very broad mind that you come up with this idea! It is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining the party and extending the invite to others.

    We attempted to make these darling creations with home-made snickerdoodles but they were eaten before we could decorate.

    Pax Christi - Lena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Lacy, for sharing. Precious idea! Keep them coming!:)
    God love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! They're the icing on my cake ;-)