Rose Cupcakes for St. Therese

When I saw these rose cupcakes over on I Am Baker, I knew they were just the right thing for my Baby Shower of Roses! And they really aren't as tricky to make as you'd think! These would be great to make for St. Therese's feast day (Oct 1) or St. Rose of Lima's feast day, which is coming up August 23!


I made my roses out of candy melts, and it worked perfectly! Although I made twice the roses I needed (to be on the safe side) we only broke about 5 of them while decorating the cupcakes! :-)


Start by melting the candy according to the package directions, and putting it into an icing bag so you can pipe with it. A sandwich baggie with a small hole cut in the corner will also work.


First pipe the pink rose buds onto parchment paper,
, then come back and add the green stems with leaves.
 

I made mine a few days before the shower.

When it was go-time, we just stuck them into the cupcakes.
It was that easy. And we seriously only broke 5 of them!





These cupcakes were a huge hit at the shower, and would be a fun project for St. Therese's feast day as well! I promise they weren't as hard to make as they appear, and they will put a smile on everyone's face! Happy Catholic Cooking! :-)

If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS. Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. You are a domestic (church) goddess! Can I say that? :-)I LOVE this, Lacy. Amazing. And your post on the baby shower really touched me. What a beautiful way to celebrate the gift of life! St. Therese is smiling on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the melts. I am sure I'll be using that idea soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so pretty!! You always have great projects & finds on this blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sending along to Craft Gossip! I remember i am baker's original post well (isn't she the cleverest?). I posted a feature on your great tutorial today at ediblecrafts.craftgossip.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhh! Those turned out SO pretty! I just might have to try making them, if my kitchen is ever finished! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! They're the icing on my cake ;-)