How to Make Resurrection Rolls, aka "Empty Tomb" Rolls

Looking for a fun way to teach your kids about the true meaning of Easter this year? Making resurrection rolls is super easy, and they're really yummy! I'm going to give you the recipe for resurrection rolls, and step by step directions on how to use them to teach your kids about the Easter story!


Ingredients Needed to make Resurrection Rolls:
  • *Canned Crescent Rolls
  • Small bowl of melted butter
  • Small bowl of Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture
  • Large Marshmallows
*I've had a lot of emails asking about "canned crescent rolls" from other countries, and also people who just prefer home-made, so you can find a recipe for resurrection rolls here that makes them totally from scratch! "From scratch" really isn't my thing, but it might be for you! ;-)

These are something you make with your child, because they're a fun Easter lesson activity. Before beginning, melt your butter, preheat your oven to the temperature on your crescent roll can, and cover your pan in parchment paper or aluminum foil, because the melted marshmallows can get messy!


Give each child a marshmallow, and tell them it represents Jesus. Have them dip it into the melted butter, and then roll it in the cinnamon sugar. These represent the oil and spices used to prepare Jesus' body for burial.


Now give each child a crescent roll, and have them wrap up the marshmallow tightly, pinching it closed as much as possible. The roll represents the linen cloths that Jesus' body was wrapped in.



Place your rolls into the oven, which symbolizes the tomb. Bake according to package directions, and pretend it has been 3 days! ;-)


While the resurrection rolls baked, the marshmallow melted away, leaving an "empty tomb". Isn't that cool?! Jesus has risen! Alleluia, Alleluia! :-)


These are super easy to put together! They are really yummy and sweet- very similar to cinnamon rolls. We like to eat them for breakfast on Easter morning. They also work well as a religious Easter snack for later in the day. Have fun teaching your kids the true meaning of Easter! God bless! :-)

If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS. Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. HI! I quickly met you on Saturday, and I loved your funny comment about being a bad housekeeper, so I had to come check out your blog. No wonder you can't keep up with housework...you are too busy cooking and crafting! You are AMAZING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lacy. These are terrific. Since we're going to be home for Easter, I'm going to start making a list of things we can do together. I think my boys would enjoy these! And I know their sweet teeth would like them, too!

    Maybe you'd be interested in a pretty cake for Easter Sunday dinner.

    http://kathleenscatholic.blogspot.com/2011/04/from-little-catholic-kitchen-pretty.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are a MUST in our home for Easter :) the kids love the story and learning what everything represents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey, I love you!!! You ARE amazing!! My 2 daughters (8 and 4) LOVE your blog. We are always excited to get your new posts!!! Thank you for doing what you do!! Can't wait to try this out! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRILLIANCE! Absolute brilliance!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wanted to try these with the kiddos... Hopefully I will get it done this year. Thanks for all the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks a billion times easier than the long and finicky recipe I found for those, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGOSH. YOU MELTED JESUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen these before, but didn't know the recipe! Thanks for sharing! We make Easter Story Cookies on Holy Saturday to tell the similar story as the rolls and they are yummy too! I'll be sharing it on my blog on Good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. THank you! I've seen other recipes for these, but none so simple. I think we'll finally make these this Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh these look so simple to make!! I have also seen another recipe but it was more complicated and right now my life needs to be simple (and sweet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're going to have to try these! I wonder if it would work with homemade dough? I don't like the canned stuff very much. The kids do, though. I may buy some and use that, just because I know it works.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look like a great idea, except that I've no idea what Canned Crescent Rolls are. [They're possible called something different in here in Australia...]
    They (it) look(s), from the pictures, to be some sort of dough or pastry, is this right?
    If so, what type of dough/pastry is it?
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband and I made these last year even though we don't have any children :P It is such a fun memory of laughs, prayer, and yummy treats. We will definitely be doing it again this year. Thanks so much Lacy!

    http://caffeinatedcatholic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kids & I made these yesterday & I'm sure they'll become a yearly tradition in our house. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's amazing for me to have a website, which is helpful in favor of my experience. thanks admin

    My web-site fraxel

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been browsing on-line greater than 3 hours as of late,
    but I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours.
    It's pretty value enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made excellent content as you probably did, the net can be much more useful than ever before.

    Review my website; zeltiq

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! They're the icing on my cake ;-)