About Catholic Icing

What this site is about: 
Catholic Icing is a place where I provide and share free Catholic ideas for Catholic kids and families. I feel it is important to have free ideas available for the Catholic community as everyone cannot afford to buy books or other resources, nor does everyone have the ability to come up with all of their own ideas. This is mostly a place to find crafts, but you will also find a lot of various ideas including fun food, coloring pages, lesson plans, and anything else that I consider to be "Catholic Icing".


Why Call it "Catholic Icing"?
This site is called Catholic Icing because it only concentrates on the "extras". The ideas you will find here are for enhancing your faith and making it fun for your kids, but it doesn't actually provide you will the substance your faith needs. These ideas are for after you have a solid foundation for your "Catholic Cake" which means you attend mass on Sundays and Holy days of obligation, go to confession, educate yourself about the church, etc...



A big thank you to everyone who allows me to share their ideas
here on Catholic Icing! You're a blessing to us all!

 
     To start finding all the creative Catholic ideas that Catholic Icing has to offer you, Try searching the different categories in my left side bar, or go to my homepage to see the most up-to-date posts! :-)
    If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS. Photobucket

    4 comments:

    1. Glad to have found your blog. Although I've been homeschooling for 12 yrs, I tend to forget the 'fun' stuff these days.. I am glad to see you post in advance so I'll be able to celebrate our faith with my children more often

      ReplyDelete
    2. Someone in my homeschool group just told me about this site and I really like it. I am Catholic Homeschooling mom. I will defiantly love to read more of your blog when I get a chance. My kids love crafts! I am your newest follower.
      Bonnie
      http://creatingahouseofgrace.blogspot.com/

      ReplyDelete
    3. What a great idea to have this site, it is just what I was looking for!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thank you, Lacy for such a great blog! It is so refreshing to see such young parents who are forming their children in the faith creatively early in their lives. I can tell you that God is truly patient, because even though I did not start early with my oldest, the Lord used what little time we had at home with her to form her into a beautiful young woman who entered the Carmelite Order of Discalced nuns this year on St Therese's Feast Day. Our younger daughter is 12, so she's still in training, and we are so blessed to have another beautiful soul to love and raise! Thank you for your ideas! God BLess you!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for your comments! They're the icing on my cake ;-)