Catholic Icing Updates

Faith & Family Live is having a "Mom's Day Away" on April 2 in Massachusetts, and I'm going!!! :-) Yay! I just purchased my ticket yesterday! There are going to be talks by Danielle Bean, Jennifer Fulwiler, and Rachel Balducci! There are going to be a ton of other Catholic bloggers there, too. You can see a list here. I'm really looking forward to this, and I'm hoping to make the trip child free (depending on where Violet is in the weaning process). ;-) If any of you are planning on going, please let me know! I'd love it if I were going to "know" some of the mothers there! (note: I have nothing to do with this conference other than being an attendee).


On a separate note, many of you know I made it into the finals for Best Catholic Blog 2011, and I could not be more thrilled with the response! Ya'll are the best readers ever, and I can't believe how well Catholic Icing is holding her own! Check out the poll results so far:


I would have never dreamed I would come this far! Thank you to everyone who has been voting! I've been pretty consistently staying 200 votes behind.... could you please help me close that gap? Please keep voting for Catholic Icing- You can vote once every day! It only takes a few seconds and there's no registering involved. Just click the check box and hit submit- that's it! :-)


I have a button up in my sidebar that goes straight to the voting page to help you remember to vote each day. Voting runs through Mardi Gras, so that's 9 more days. I know it feels like the voting is going on forever, but we're almost there! Thank you so much to everyone who's been helping out! I'm planning a big blog surprise for all of you at the end of this! ;-)

Also, I can't help but notice the rising number of amazing talented and crafty Catholic mothers out there with really cool blogs! As there's been more and more cool ideas on the internet, I thought it would be fun to start having some regular "Liturgical Link Ups"! I'll be providing a linky for upcoming Catholic feast days etc so everyone can share their ideas right here. I'm going to be posting one for "Lent Prep" soon, so get your posts and pictures ready!

Liturgical Link Ups- coming soon to a 
Catholic Craft Blog near you. :-)


One more thing! I'm looking for small businesses (like etsy shops) that would like to advertise in my feed. I currently have about 1800 subscribers that can see these ads, and I have a special rate of only $10/month for etsy shops and similar small businesses. I try to keep these on topic with my niche and reserve the right to refuse any ads- but it can't hurt to ask. ;-) Let me know if you're interested- I only have a limited number of spaces available. (Large businesses don't qualify for these spaces, but are welcome to inquire about my other advertisement options. You can email me with questions- lacy{at}catholicicing{dot}com. Thanks!)

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Don't forget to vote, and God bless! ;-) (Lol)
If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS. Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lacy, I'm catching up on my blog friends. been out of the loop for a bit. I'm looking forward to the liturgical link up. you always outdo yourself!! and I'll be checking out Catholic Schoolhouse. voting voting for you -- trying to remember to do it every day. blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! They're the icing on my cake ;-)