Shrove Tuesday? Fat Tuesday? Mardi Gras?... Pancake Tuesday!!!

I was thinking for Pancake Tuesday, why not make the pancakes festive Mardi Gras colors?! :-)


Just make your favorite pancake recipe, mix in some
food coloring, and cook them like you always do!


Voila! Mardi Gras pancakes, fresh from the griddle!
You can read more about the Catholic roots of Mardi Gras here, or see more ideas for Pancake Tuesday here. PS. I'm aware that artificial coloring is not everyone's cup of tea, so if you're not a fan, just disregard this idea :-)

If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS. Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. the other day I did green eggs and ham for breakfast. I just might have to do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a HOOT!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fun ideas however I have a thought no one seems to have discussed. Is all the food coloring SAFE to use? There is so much food today that raises questions..... Just wondering........and interested in what others think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a GREAT idea! Anyone afraid of food coloring better be living on their own farm these days - cause it's in everything! I'm definitely doing this for dinner on Tues night, my son is going to love it!! What a great way to initiate a "teachable moment"!! ~ Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THIS IDEA! I make Pancakes every Wednesday for my kids. However...I will be making these on Tuesday for Mardi Gras!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What A fun idea! i'll be linking today on Foodwhirl.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh out loud when I saw these brightly colored pancakes! I also had to make them, so my kids had these tonight, while my husband and I had gumbo :) I wish I'd had some natural food colors on hand, but I went ahead and used my cake-decorating color paste.

    Thanks for the fun suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where ya been since Lent? Missin your creativity and posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! They're the icing on my cake ;-)